How To Measure
- How To Measure
- Choosing The Best Size For You
Purchasing the perfect dress for your quinceañera is one of the most important decisions you will make! You want your dress to fit perfectly so you can feel and look like a true princess! At Cleo's white moments , we want to help you order the best size and will help you make the right choice. Also, keep in mind that quinceañera gowns are cut very differently then most clothes. This means that the best size for your quinceañera dress will probably be a few sizes larger than your everyday clothes. To ensure measurements we suggest a professional seamstress measure you. If you cannot we strongly recommend that you do not do it yourself. Have someone else to help you and follow the guidelines below. Please remember, dresses are not custom-made. Therefore, you need to order to fit the largest part of the body and take it in where it's too big.
Before You Begin: Find a flexible tape measure and make sure you are wearing a good fitting bra and underwear. Be sure to stand up straight with your arms relaxed down by your side.
Measuring Your Bust: Measure the bust line around the fullest part of your chest and under your arms. Stand naturally and let your arms rest by the side of your body. Position the measuring tape around the widest part of your back and around your the fullest part of your chest. Make sure you are not pulling the measuring tape too tight or leaving too much slack. Please keep in mind that this measurement usually does NOT to match your bra size.
Measuring Your Waist: Measure above your belly button. Put a finger between body and the tape to get a really comfortable fit. Make sure the measuring tape is snug but leave about a finger's width under the tape so it can move. Do not pull the tape tight. Holding in you stomach or wearing excessively baggy clothing will give inaccurate measurements.
Measuring Your Hips: Position the measuring tape around the fullest part of your hips. Put your thumbs at your natural waist and rest your hands on your hips. The tip of your fingers should be the area to measure for your hips. Leave a little room by keeping a thumb on the inside of the tape. Do not pull the tape tight. This measurement is not critical for A-line or ball gown styles.
Choose A Size: Take your measurements and compare them to the size chart that is listed at the bottom of each category page and on your gown’s detail page. Use the closest measurements to choose your You will want to use the size that is the closest to your measurements. If you are falling in between sizes, choose the larger size. It is easier to alter in than to alter out.
- Please remember that all Quinceañera dresses come smaller than your regular size. Usually these dresses come two sizes smaller than your regular size.
- Standard lengths are approximately 60” hollow to hem. Although the dresses come with a built in skirt they are usually worn with a petticoat or hoop underneath to accent the maximum beauty, fit and appearance of the dress.
- If unsure on your size, it is better to order one size larger. Remember, it is easier to take in than to let out.
- It is always best to have a professional seamstress take your measurements. If you need any help, please let us know. We will do everything possible help determine your size.
- ask as many question as you want we are here to serve you.
- Always Remember
- Your dress size will be made using the measurements from the size chart.
- If you are unsure on your size, it is better to order one size bigger . Remember, it is easier to take in than to let out.
- It is always best to have a professional seamstress to take your measurements.
- If you need any help, please let us know. We will do everything possible to help determine your size.
- just consider then lots of times customer will need some kind of alterations